Jake Shears and company are a delight, and I can still
vividly recall when I first heard them! (Of all places,
it was lame-ass Ruby Tuesday's in Dothan, AL. where
I was employed at the time! What a difference it made
to getting through a shift to have this song come on the
speaker system!)

I was pleasantly surprised again to see them get some
nice exposure on "Dancing With The Stars", which I want
made perfectly clear I only watched to see the SS musical
performance.

This is a good signature/introductory song for the fun
fusion vibe they have going, even if it doesn't tell the full
story of the group's range. They have a lot of darker stuff
that also fits them well. I like versatility and unpredictability.

I also like fun and pizazz and style, and Scissor Sisters has it
all in spades. Love the new look, Jake!

Here's "Take Your Momma."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7-fyGa9DQ&feature=channel

Comments