Carly Simon "Let The River Run"



I absolutely love Carly Simon. She holds a special place
in my heart as one of our premiere story-tellers and
vocalists.

This song is a personal fave as a fan of all things
chick-flickish and Underdog related. "Let The River
Run" tells a story that most of us can relate to, at
many points in life.



Now, you can't go wrong with a Mike Nichols
film, even an ultra mainstream one! I love
the film, despite how dated and cheesy parts
of it are.

Despite the fact that there are several
very nice arrangements on the song, I
went with the original because of the power
and strength of vocals, as well as the chorus.

This was the only version I could find,
with highlights from the movie.

If it's your introduction to the piece, try
hard not to let the over-the-top video distract
you from the song's subtleties and poetry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-0mmVnxPA&feature=related

Comments