CBS Gets Music Community in Titty-Twister


I was already leary about tuning in to the Grammy Awards
tonight at the thought of another inane Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift
performance. Could those two be any more over saturated?

But now with all this flap (ha!) about exposed breasts and
see-through clothing being banished (in the now-infamous CBS
mandated cover-up of all performers tonight,) I have Zero interest.

I wish I had the faith in CBS that this is all just a brilliant
marketing ploy designed to create buzz and increase ratings.
But I fear instead that it is another sign of an encroaching
'morality police' that is springing up (either as part of or in
response to the Oral Minority kicking back post-Obama
win number two.

The entirety of rock and roll is embodied by defiant dress
and alluring attire; the theatrical, the larger than life, the
"I-wouldn't-be-caught-dead-in-that-but-damn-doesn't-she-wear-the-hell-out-of-it!"
fantasy of it all.

And CBS has pissed all over that parade.

I considered watching just to hear the verbal protests of
the singers as they strolled and strode out to
present, and maybe on the off chance that--
again effusing pure rock in the form of defiance of authority--
someone would slip a revealing outfit in under
their formal attire...maybe we can count on Pink to
flash the cameras? But...meh. It'll be on YouTube
if it happens.

You know..."Grammys" used to be what we
called my grandmother's house.

Just saying.

***

Comments